Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

At 7 pm please light a candle in remembrance of all babies gone too soon, all babies who never had the chance to go home with their families, all babies who left their families with a hole in their hearts that can never be filled.

Tonight I am snuggling a beautiful baby boy and as I look down at him lying on my chest, I can hear his little breaths and I can smell that sweet baby smell and my heart just swells with love, with pride.

Sadly, not too long ago, there was a time when my heart felt the exact opposite. On May 5th, 2009 I woke up that day full of excitement. You see - I was going to my OB for an ultrasound and my Husband and I were expecting we'd find out the sex of our baby.

I ended that night with a giant hole in my heart as I delivered my baby, my daughter, who was born without a beating heart.

She never had the chance to come home. She never had the chance to be surrounded by the love and affection her sweet little brother is right now.

So, in honor of her, please remember.

I love you so much Audrey. Thank you for bringing this amazing and precious little boy into my life. You knew I needed him and you brought him to me safely and now I know it is you who protects him and keeps him safe.

Words can never express my undying love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment